- This event has passed.
Life Cycle Assessment Workshop with Rob Sianchuk
November 26, 8:30 am–12:30 pm
- Is using Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) becoming part of your job?
- Are you interested in learning about current international LCA standards, methods and practices?
- Do you want to account for environmental impacts and consider what is sustainable from a life cycle perspective?
This 4-hour course is for firms and individuals who want to get started learning about LCA, and how it’s used to evaluate and manage environmental impacts from a life cycle perspective.
- Introduction to LCA and whole-building LCA (WB-LCA)
- Using the Impact Estimator for Buildings (IE4B) LCA software
- Earning recognition from green building programs with LCA, including LEED and Zero Carbon Building (ZCB).
Majority of the course will be hands-on in the IE4B software and working with a case study building, so participants will gain the skills needed to use LCA in their practice.
Thursday, November 26, 2020
8:30am to 12:30pm with breaks every 45 minutes.
About the presenter:
Rob Sianchuk is a recognized life cycle assessment (LCA) consultant, with in‐depth expertise using best‐practice LCA standards within green building frameworks. Since 2008, he has worked with leading professionals and organizations on various LCA projects in the construction sector, including construction products, whole buildings, infrastructures and communities. Rob has also designed and delivered several university and professional LCA training courses in Canada and abroad. Rob is principal of Rob Sianchuk Consulting, and holds affiliate roles as research associate with the Athena Sustainable Materials Institute, adjunct professor at the University of British Columbia, and is an authorized instructor with the Canada Green Building Council.